First and foremost, CO2 is plant food.
Today’s low CO2 concentration is starving trees and plants of the food they need to achieve their full growth potential via photosynthesis. Additional benefits of increased CO2:
- Increased photosynthesis (“CO2 fertilization”).
- Plants grow faster, and with less stress and less water.
- Forests are growing faster.
- Stimulates growth of beneficial bacteria in both soil and water.
- More plant growth, means less erosion of topsoil.
- Bigger crop yields, and more and bigger flowers.
- Fosters glomalin, a beneficial protein created by root fungi.
- Less water loss, less irrigation, and more soil moisture.
- Increase in natural repellents to fight insect predators.