About the member
Marine biologist, Chair of the Climate Realists of Norway
Positions of trust (latest)
- Head of the board of the Norwegian Biologist Organization (until May 2008)
- Secretary of the European Countries Biologist Organization (ECBA), 2006-2008
- Head of the board of “Stangodden Vel” (www.stangodden.no) – a union of cabin owners in Telemark, 2007 →
- Head of the board of “Krokans venner” (www.krokansvenner.no), 2011 → 2014
- Head of the board of Farmers marked, Oslo, March 2013 ® 2016
- Member of board of Farmers shop, 2013 ® 2016
- Head of board of Climate Realists in Norway, 2018 ®
Norwegian Research Council, 1985-1989. Responsible for research in biology, chemistry, environmental research, gene technology, acid rain and fish farming.
University of Oslo, 1989 – 1994. Wrote the report which lead to the raising of the Centre for Development and the Environment (1989), and later worked as head of the administration.
WWF Norway: Wrote the book: Consequences of a EU membership for the nature conservation in Norway (1994). Later headed a school project on nature conservation (1995).
Project manager for a school project in the European Movement in Norway (1998-2000)
Project manager for raising a national park museum in Tinn municipality, opened 2000 (1996-2000)
Owner of the individual enterprise “Soppgleder”, giving public mushroom courses every autumn, plus collection, production and sales of mushroom products. www.soppgleder.no
Running the business “Akerselvavandring” (www.akerselvavandring.no); guiding along the Akerselva river in Oslo, and giving lectures on the same river. 2008 →
In short: Administration and project management, with experience from research, environment, tourism and politics. Author, translator of books and articles, and election observer.
- Book: Consequences of an EU membership for the nature conservation in Norway (1994)
- Book: Boabob – The strangest tree in the world. Omnipax publishing house, 2007.
- Encyclopedia writer in Botany – VSOY publishing house (Finland). Last book published in December 2008
- Book: Akerselva (river in Oslo), Topografisk publishing house, 2005
- Book: Miljømytene. Published 2017
- From English to Norwegian. Cool it, by Bjørn Lomborg, Kagge publishing house, August 2008.
- From English to Norwegian: Inconvenient Facts, by Gregory Wrightstone. Wigestrand publishing house, 2020
- From English to Norwegian: False Alarm, By Bjørn Lomborg. To be published by Wigestrand publishing house, 2021.
Exhibitions - Video production for the Norwegian Tourist Association (July, 2008), Permanent outdoor exhibition, 2007
Project manager-Several conferences in the Norwegian Biological Association (Environmental pollution and marine life; 2008, Bird flue; 2006, Gene technology – an arena of possibilities; 2004, Science and superstition; 2001)
Lost positions of trust
2008: Head of Norwegian Biologist Organization
2016: Head of board of Farmers marked Oslo
Both positions lost on basis of engagement in the climate debate in Norway – obviously on “wrong side”.