About The Member
Master of Science, Geoscience
University of Texas at Dallas, TX
Bachelor of Science, Geology
University of Delaware, Newark, DE
American Association of Petroleum Geologists
Alaska Geological Society
AWARDS and RECOGNITIONS
2013 Spirit Award – Alaska Kuparuk CTD Team 2010
NPRA GMTU MoE Award
2005 Exceptional Contribution Award – Alpine West CD5 2002
Phillip’s Chiefs’ Award – NPRA prospects
Phillips Shield Award 2001 – Exploration Team
AAI Exceptional Contribution Awards - Alpine delineation - 2000
AAI Outstanding Contribution Award - Discovery and Delineation of the Alpine Field - 1996
AAI Exceptional Contribution Award - Tarn delineation - 1998
ARCO Exploration and Production Award of Excellence–North Slope Petroleum System
Best Oral Presentation and Best Poster Session Award – 1997
ARCO Geoscience Conference Kuparuk Business Unit Co-worker
CONSULTANT Anchorage, AK 2017 – present
● 8 Blog articles
CONOCOPHILLIPS ALASKA, INC. Anchorage, AK 2000 – 2017
Alaska Onshore Exploration Manager (2014-2017)
Team identified 30 prospects, drilled Willow prospect and revitalized ConocoPhillips Alaska’s exploration program. Recommended and acquired prospective NPRA lease sale acreage.
● Developed successful Exploration strategy resulting in Willow discovery (>500 MMBOE) and a large, new economic growth opportunity.
● Responsible for unraveling new play concept in a semi-mature basin on the North Slope.
● Instrumental in North Slope seismic 3D acquisition planning to meet HSE, technical and business goals.
Kuparuk Geoscience Manager (2010-2013)
Managed Kuparuk Geoscience group of 10+ geologists and geophysicists supporting field development. Kuparuk Area is one of ConocoPhillips’ largest operated assets with production of 140 MBOPD from 5 different oil fields. Managed staff to plan and execute coil and rotary development programs targeting peripheral and infill candidates. Provided oversight of the safe acquisition of a 220 sq. mi. 3D/4D seismic program that was acquired on budget and on time.
● Promoted and coordinated the Shark Tooth appraisal well through exploration internal processes and advanced the new GKA 3K pad development (23 MMBO) to project funding. This was the first new Kuparuk pad in 10 years.
● Successfully developed and led an ILX strategy (BUILD) for the North Slope with a value of $1 B and 100 MMBO which resulted in Moraine test resulted in a 60+ MMBO resource discovery.
Western North Slope Growth Supervisor (2005-2010)
Supervised the Western North Slope (WNS) multi-discipline team responsible for identifying, drilling and developing new resource opportunities adjacent to Alpine field. Projects required thorough understanding of approval process from appraisal to execution as well as building strong relations with critical stakeholders including co-owner companies, Native corporations, state and federal agencies.
● Team obtained approval for $10MM in funding for Alpine West CD5, Lookout CD6, and the Qannik expansion project (>200 MMBOE).
● Promoted/coordinated acquisition of Alpine 3D/4D seismic which exceeded funding expectations.
Alaska Chief Geologist/Geoscience Supervisor (2000-2005)
Established Alaska’s first Chief geologist position. Defined and implemented this new the role in Alaska which consisted of Knowledge Sharing, Mentoring, and ensuring Technical Quality of Geoscience work in support of business decisions for Exploration and Production organizations.
ARCO Alaska Technical Positions 1984 – 2000
Alpine Field Development: Project geologist for primary development phase of the Alpine field. Responsibilities included horizontal well targeting and prognoses, well log analyses, core description, updating net pay maps, incorporating seismic interpretation, and detailed reservoir description.