Multimedia and Communications Associate 2022 July
Multimedia and Communications Associate
CO2 Coalition – Arlington, VA
The CO2 Coalition is a non-profit organization which promotes rational analysis of climate science and energy economics. The Coalition is looking for a highly motivated Associate to lead our communications, manage our website and execute media outreach programs. The Associate will work closely with Coalition staff and leaders, who include some of the top experts researching and publishing the science that disputes the idea of catastrophic man-made warming. Anyone eager to be part of a rapidly expanding and effective team that is fighting back against the climate nonsense will find this an ideal opportunity with room for job advancement and career growth.
We are seeking an individual with a background in digital media, podcast production, video editing and social media. Strong writing/communication skills are a must. A science background, while not required, would also be a plus. The successful candidate will have a willingness to learn new skills and be highly self-motivated, punctual, reliable, and professional. We value drive, initiative and willingness to challenge conventional wisdom.
The Associate will produce a new weekly radio/podcast program that the Coalition will be launching soon. Strong video creation and editing skills are a plus. The Associate will work closely with the Executive Director and other member scientists to develop science-based programing for distribution to media, the public and policy makers.
The Associate would prepare promotional materials and represent the Coalition at conventions and meetings. Recent events included CPAC (Dallas) and Turning Point USA (Phoenix).
- Produce weekly radio/podcast
- Prepare materials for conventions and meetings
- Develop effective social and conventional media tactics and disseminate media messages
- Add content to website as provided by executive director including news items, papers, videos and the like
- Design marketing communications campaigns
- 0-10 years of experience
- Alignment with and passion for the Coalition’s mission and work
- Bachelor’s degree in science or communications is preferred, but a degree is not required if a proven track record documents ability to perform
- Proven track record of successful teamwork and interaction with superiors
- Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Solid skills in organization, planning and record-keeping
- Working knowledge of MS Office
- Experience with photo/video-editing software is an asset
- Knowledge of WordPress web editing is a plus
- Willingness to travel to conventions and events outside of the DC metro area
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick days
- Paid jury and bereavement leave
- Retirement matching contribution
- Parking or transportation subsidy
The office dress code is business casual, but outside appointments may require formal business attire. The office is near the Rosslyn DC Metro stop. Work is to be conducted during normal 9-5 pm business hours with occasional but infrequent work on evenings and weekends.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and your excitement for and alignment with CO2 Coalition’s mission
- Contact information, including both email and phone for two references
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions can be directed to Ryan Nichols email@example.com
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are only able to contact those to whom we can offer an interview. Only direct applications will be considered. No phone calls, please.