Electric Vehicles: Not a Panacea for the Gas Crunch

“[D]on’t buy into the myth that electric vehicles are ‘zero-emission.’ Electric vehicles are built using fossil fuels, and manufacturing batteries is an especially dirty business.  Only 20% of the electric power source is from renewable energy sources (but again, remember it takes fossil fuels to construct renewable sources of energy).  The remaining 80% of the power is generated by natural gas, coal, or nuclear.”

Originally published here at Discovery Institute on 9 March 2022.

Join our effort to build a greener future.

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.