WHAT: A news conference featuring scientists and climate experts, as well as Pennsylvania House Environmental Resources and Energy Committee Chairman Daryl Metcalfe, will be held to expose the many and glaring errors in Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf’s justification of his proposed Regional Greenhouse Gas Initiative (RGGI).
BACKGROUND: The Wolf administration relies on unrealistic projections of future warming along with factually incorrect assertions of ongoing harm from alleged man-made warming. Historical data show predictions of increased flooding, drought, heat waves, health risks and more to be blatant fearmongering meant to advance a destructive anti-science agenda. Instead of relying on climate misinformation to support the imposition of a program that would destroy Pennsylvania’s billion-dollar fossil fuel industry and tens of thousands of associated jobs, the government bodies tasked with review of RGGI should “follow the science” and reject this economically crippling program.
- Gregory Wrightstone, Executive Director, CO2 Coalition, Arlington, Va.; Expert reviewer, Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change
- Dr. Patrick Michaels – Climatologist; Past President of the American Association of State Climatologists; Senior Fellow, CO2 Coalition and Competitive Enterprise Institute
- Dr. David Legates – Professor of Geography at the University of Delaware, where he has served as Director of Climatic Research; author or co-author of 250 professional presentations
- Marc Morano – Executive Editor and Chief Correspondent for CFACT’s ClimateDepot.com.
- Joe Bastardi – Meteorologist and Chief Forecaster for Weatherbell Analytics
- Pennsylvania Rep. Daryl Metcalfe, Chairman, Environmental Resources and Energy Committee
WHEN: 11:30 a.m. June 22
WHERE: Entrance, Ryan Office Building, Capitol, Harrisburg, Pa.
CONTACT: Gordon Tomb (610) 213-5056 firstname.lastname@example.org]]>