Open Position! CO2 Coalition Development & Operations Associate
CO2 Coalition Development & Operations Associate
The CO2 Coalition is looking for a highly organized and detail-oriented Development & Operations Associate to keep our office running smoothly and efficiently. This is a great opportunity to gain experience in nonprofit development operations and provide general administrative support.
The CO2 Coalition is a small nonprofit organization established in 2015 as a 501(c)(3) for the purpose of educating thought leaders, policymakers, and the public about the important contribution made by carbon dioxide to our lives and the economy. The CO2 Coalition seeks to engage in an informed and dispassionate discussion of climate change, humans’ role in the climate system, the limitations of climate models, and the consequences of mandated reductions in CO2 emissions. The applicant must understand and support this mission.
Skills and Qualifications:
The Development and Operations Associate will be responsible for supporting development activities and writing correspondence to supporters, meaning that communications and decision-making skills are paramount.
Specific skills that all candidates should possess include:
• Proficiency with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, & PowerPoint)
• Previous successful experience in an office environment
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to effectively interact with board members and the public
• Ability to maintain confidentiality
Duties and responsibilities:
The core duties and responsibilities revolve around supporting others in the CO2 Coalition office.
The job duties can vary widely, therefore versatility is very important.. On any given day, you may
perform a variety of tasks. These tasks may include:
• Processing donations
• Answering phones and greeting visitors
• Scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars
• Preparing communications, such as thank you letters to donors, memos, emails, & invoices
• Updating the Salesforce database
• Creating and maintaining filing systems, both electronic and physical
• Managing accounts and performing simple bookkeeping tasks
• Monitoring office inventory and order supplies
• Handling incoming and outgoing mail and packages
• 2-6 years of experience
• Alignment with and passion for the CO2 Coalition’s mission and work is important
• Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Proven track record of successful teamwork and interaction with superiors
• Solid skills in organization and record-keeping
• Travel outside of the Washington DC area is not expected
• Duties are during normal business hours
This position is structured as a full-time position (hours negotiable) with benefits. Salary will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
• Health insurance
• Paid vacation, federal holidays, and sick days
• Paid jury and bereavement leave
• Retirement matching contribution
• Parking or transportation subsidy
The office dress code is business casual, but a few appointments may require formal business attire.
Qualified candidates should email the following application materials in one PDF document to the
attention of Ryan Nichols, Vice President of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org:
• Cover letter detailing your interest in the position and your alignment with CO2 Coalition’s
• Contact information, including both email and phone, for two references
1621 North Kent Street, Suite 603, Arlington, VA 22209
The office is located one block from the Rosslyn DC Metro stop and is serviced by the Orange, Blue, and Silver lines.