NEW JOB! Multimedia and Outreach Associate
Multimedia and Outreach Associate
CO2 Coalition – Arlington, VA
The CO2 Coalition is a nonprofit organization which promotes rational analysis of climate science and energy economics. The Coalition is looking for a highly motivated Associate to assist the Senior Manager of Multimedia and Outreach in several areas: publications, website, media outreach programs, and other special projects and programs.
The Associate will work closely with Coalition staff and leaders, including some of the top experts researching and publishing the science that disputes the idea of catastrophic man-made warming. As the Coalition’s success and reach increase, there will be opportunity for job advancement and career growth.
We are seeking an individual with a background in digital media, podcast production, video editing and social media, as well as one with strong writing and editing skills. A science background, while not required, would also be beneficial. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, well-organized, professional, and exhibit a willingness to learn. We value drive, initiative, and willingness to challenge conventional wisdom.
- Assist the Senior Manager in all areas of production of the weekly podcast
- Add content to website and social media platforms as provided by executive director and supervisor, including news items, papers, videos, and the like
- Assist in the design of marketing and outreach campaigns
- Assist in the development of effective social and conventional media tactics and disseminate media messages
- Prepare materials and logistics for CO2 Coalition leaders attending conventions and meetings
- Alignment with and passion for the Coalition’s mission and work
- Strong writing and editing skills
- Bachelor’s degree in science or communications is preferred, but a degree is not required if a proven track record documents ability to perform
- Proven track record of successful teamwork and interaction with superiors
- Experience in copywriting and editing
- Solid skills in organization, planning and record-keeping
- Working knowledge of MS Office and other software programs (Adobe a plus)
- Experience with photo/video-editing software is an asset, but can be taught
- Knowledge of WordPress web editing is a plus, but also can be taught
- Willingness to travel to conventions and events outside of the DC metro area
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. Benefits include:
- Health insurance
- Paid vacation, holidays, and sick days
- Paid jury and bereavement leave
- Retirement matching contribution
- Parking or transportation subsidy
The office dress code is business casual, but outside appointments may require formal business attire. The office is near the Rosslyn DC Metro stop. Work is to be conducted during normal 9 am-5 pm business hours with occasional, but infrequent, work in the evenings and on weekends.
Qualified candidates should submit the following application materials, preferably in one PDF document:
- Cover letter detailing interest in the position and alignment with the CO2 Coalition’s mission
- Contact information for two references, including both email and phone
Applications should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions can be directed to Angela Wheeler email@example.com
While we thank all applicants in advance for their interest in this position, we are able to contact only those to whom we can offer an interview. No phone calls, please.