CO2 Coalition Internship Program
CO2 Coalition- Paid Summer Science/Operations Intern (Virtual Office)
The CO2 Coalition is seeking an Operations/Science Intern to assist with day-to-day activities, multi-media projects, research and high-profile projects. The Coalition is a non-profit organization which promotes rational analysis of climate science and energy economics. The Operations Intern will work closely with Coalition staff, leaders, and members who include well-known scientists, engineers, and economists. Anyone eager to make a career in the climate science and environmental field is invited to apply; candidates with an interest in the sciences or economics will find this an ideal opportunity for growth.
This intensive program will allow you to gain professional experience in a real working environment, further your knowledge of the climate and energy policy, and sharpen your skills for future success. This one-of-a-kind position will prepare you for your future career through a guided mentorship experience. This position will be fully remote. The weekly time commitment will be 30 – 35 hours a week for the duration of the 12-week program.
Learn more about the CO2 Coalition here.
Duties will include:
- Assisting in building the Coalition’s online presence
- Scientific research
- Guided writing and editing
- Training in paid and earned media procedures
- Special Projects as directed by leadership
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Pursuing a degree in a field of science applicable to studying climate change and its effects (Geology/Ecology/Env. Science/Biology/Climatology etc)
- An alignment with and passion for the Coalition’s mission and work
- Experience with various social media platforms
- An aptitude for building and maintaining relationships and partnerships
- A working knowledge of various climate and energy topics
- Have a desire to learn new and varied skills
- $1200 monthly
- A letter of recommendation signed by the Executive Director of the CO2 Coalition at the successful completion of the program
- Priority hiring status as the Coalition continues to expand
How to Apply:
Candidates can apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org